Jobs @ Agencyport
We understand that if we want to continue to be number one in our field, we need to attract and keep the best and the brightest. Agencyport is a collaborative environment. Expertise is respected, hard work is expected, innovation is cultivated, and collegial support and sharing are highly valued. If this sounds like your kind of environment, introduce yourself. Drop us a line at (). Let us know who you are, where you've been, and what kind of work excites you. A resume would be great, too.
We understand that if we want to continue to be number one in our field, we need to attract and keep the best and the brightest. Agencyport is a collaborative environment. Expertise is respected, hard work is expected, innovation is cultivated, and collegial support and sharing are highly valued. If this sounds like your kind of environment, check out our open positions and drop us a line ().
Human Resources Generalist
Agencyport Software (www.agencyport.com) is looking for a high energy candidate for the important role of Human Resources Generalist. The Human Resources Generalist plays a key role in building and maintaining a strong healthy culture, fostering an environment that promotes innovation, collaboration, learning, and striving for excellence. As a Human Resources Generalist at Agencyport, you will be planning and executing strategic HR initiatives that support the business and build an environment that brings out the best in people.
- Talent Acquisition and Development
- Competitive Benefits Offering
- Compensation Administration
- Employee Experience
- Developing Managers
- Policy and HR Procedures
- Organizational Development and Company Communication
- Knowledge and experience in compensation, organizational planning, recruitment, organization development, employee relations, safety, employee engagement, and employee development
- Outstanding written and spoken communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee/manager coaching skills
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include knowledge of Excel and skills in Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices and experience working with a corporate employment law attorney
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources recognition and engagement programs and processes
- Evidence of the ability to practice and coach organization managers in the practice of a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent organizational management skills
Education and Training
- Bachelor's degree required
- Three to five years of experience in Human Resources positions
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
$60,000 to 80,000 depending on experience.
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested!
Senior Software Engineer
Agencyport Software is looking for skilled senior Java software engineers to lead project teams in designing, configuring, and extending our web-based products, using XML, Servlet,and JSP technologies running in a JEE application server. Agencyport Software offers a dynamic, collaborative, and collegial environment, where innovation is cultivated, and a self-starting work ethic is highly valued. Developers will be expected to quickly learn, understand, utilize, and ultimately lead others in our industry-leading SDK, as they continuously develop their ability within Agencyport Software. In addition to technical expertise, we value creativity, integrity, teamwork, leadership, and a sense of humor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, code, test, and deploy JEE based solutions into industry-leading container/application server environments. After quickly proving your abilities as an engineer, you will lead others in these activities.
- Work directly with customers to analyze requests and constructively provide feedback that meets the requirement while leveraging our core products as much as possible
- Lead design discussions, application architectural reviews, security and performance reviews
- Support and/or install software applications and environments
- Assign work across yourself and other engineers
- Test software through unit testing, test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification using defect tracking software, fixing, and resolution
- Write thorough descriptions of system design, program functions, and steps required to successfully deploy business solutions
- Evaluate alternative approaches and devise imaginative solutions tailored to project and team needs
- Manage time including time tracking and estimation of requirements
High level of competency in the following areas:
- Relational databases - preferably Oracle, SQL Server, and DB2
- Application servers and servlet containers - preferably Tomcat, JRun, WebSphere, WebLogic, and JBoss
Practical experience in the following areas:
- Leading discussions and teams in designing, developing, and deploying new web applications
- Unit testing concepts and all phases of the software development life cycle
- Optimizing and performance tuning web applications
- Working comfortably with all levels of an organization, including external customers
- Taking ownership for producing results
- Acting as mentor to more junior team members by leading code reviews and design sessions
- Writing business documents that demonstrate command of language, clarity of thought, and orderliness of presentation
- Expressing oneself and communicating effectively with others verbally
Desirable, but not required:
- Work experience in the insurance industry
- Working knowledge of property and casualty insurance
- Working knowledge of ACORD standards
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Build automation & continuous integration
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 7 years technical experience working on development of n-tier systems based on distributed application architectures using Java and object-oriented design.
- Innovation District, Boston, MA
- Employees will receive a competitive salary with benefits including performance-based bonus, 401(k) plan, and health benefits.